Kapalbhati refers to Pranayama which includes rapid exhalation. Kapalbhati is composed of two words: ‘Kapal, which means “skull”, and ‘Bhati, which means ‘Shine. Many diseases can be treated by Kapalbhati’s rapid exhalation. Kapalbhati Pranayama, which aids in internal cleansing and detoxification, is the best way to cleanse the body. Regular practice of Kapalbhati helps to maintain the functioning of the body’s organs. Kapalbhati is believed to cool the mind and increase the radiance of your face. Do you have any questions? Get answers from Yoga School in Rishikesh
Types of Kapalbhati
There are three types Kapalabhati Pranayama.
Vatakram Kapalbhati A person who is in a meditative posture draws a breath through the second nostril by closing one side of the nasal cavity with one hand. Then, exhale immediately by closing the nasal cavity on either side.
Vyutkrama Kapalbhati This yoga involves drawing lukewarm water out of the nose and then removing it from the mouth.
SheetkramaKapalbhati This is the opposite of Vyutkrama Kapalbhati. This involves taking water out of the nose and putting it in your mouth.
How do you perform Kapalbhati Pranayama.
- Keep your spine straight while you sit back. Your head should be pointed towards the heavens.
- Deepen your breathing.
- Inhale and pull your stomach inward. Your stomach should touch the spine. As much as possible. Place a hand on your stomach to feel the contractions. The navel should be drawn inward.
- The breath automatically reaches your lungs when you let go of the stomach muscles.
- Exhale 20 breaths to complete one round of Kapalbhati Pranayama.
- Relax and close your eyes after the round. Feel the excitement in your body from pranayama.
- Two more rounds of Kapalabhati Pranayama must be completed.
The Benefits of Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Kapalbhati Pranayama increases blood flow and aids in detoxification.
- It helps to reduce weight and increases metabolism.
- Kapalbhati Pranayama Improves digestion and transmits nutrients to your body.
- Patients with diabetes will find this Pranayama extremely helpful. It activates the abdominal muscles.
- It improves blood circulation and radiance.
- Regular Kapalbhati practice keeps your respiratory system healthy.
- It stimulates the brain and the tantric system.
Kapalbhati Pranayama helps to calm the mind and release stress and anxiety